Data is the foundation of every one of your storyboards. In order to import this information into our system, you first need to connect your data sources.
Before we go into the app, here are a few terms you’ll find and what they mean:
- Integration – An integration is a software, a platform, or an 3rd party application that provides you with data. For example, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Hubspot Marketing are some of our integrations. Have a look at our website to see all the integrations we offer!
- Authorization – An authorization is your account for a particular integration. It generally requires your credentials (email, ID, password, etc.), in order for Optix to import the data. For example, our Google Ads and Google Analytics integrations will ask for your Google Account credentials, and Facebook Ads or Facebook Insights will ask for your Facebook Account credentials .
- Datasource – The data source is the tiniest piece of information we’re able to access once you’ve connected an integration to Optix. The data source allows us to get those big numbers to show in your visuals. You can connect multiple data sources in the same storyboard; however, depending on the integration you use, data sources will have different names, such as “accounts”, “views”, “pages”, or “websites”.
It’s now time to import your data! Here is a quick view of how to connect your integrations:
- When you’re logged in to your Optix account, visit the Data Manager by clicking Data Manager in the left menu.
- Under the your “Data Manager”, click “+ Add Data Source” and select the integration you want to connect.
**Depending on the integration, you’ll be redirected to the integration site, where you can connect your account as usual.
The integrations will automatically add the data sources related to the account you just connected.**
That’s it, you’re done! Go back to your account, and connect your data sources! What’s next? Time to create your first dashboard!
What Data Sources can be Added
If you want more information on a specific integration, take a look at the respective integration’s article:
Already an Optix user? Go back to your Optix account here!